Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thank You, Bakeman's

Bakeman's serves the best turkey sandwich in Seattle. My regular, pre-Food Allergies, was 1/2 white on wheat with cran, mayo, lettuce and a cup of split pea soup. I've avoided the spot since starting my diet for fear of an emotional breakdown. Today, I was ready to waltz in and find some way to eat their fresh sliced turkey.

I asked if there was some sort of salad option with just turkey, and learned of what they call "the low-cal." Lettuce with shredded cabbage and carrots with sliced turkey on top. Exactly. I chose honey mustard dressing, which tasted safely of cheap mustard and cheap honey and not much else. And I decided the split pea can't possibly harm me - worst case scenario there's a flour roux involved at some point to get it to its perfect thickness, but doubtful.



And, naturally, it was perfect. I ate in the sunshine and strolled through the market on my way back to my desk for some $5 flowers to brighten my office week.

No comments:

Post a Comment