Friday, September 4, 2009

Early September Lost Diet blues

It's been a tough week. Grumpy from gut aches, frequent bathroom visits, and constant work stress, I've had a very hard time rising up to the positive place I need to be in to survive this diet. A few hours of yoga (Ki, my magnificent teacher, is back from her summer hiatus), a couple sunsets, a fantastic rock show (The Woods), and some power mustering later, I'm floating through the end of a long work week into a long workless weekend. And so the blogging continues, and the righteousness returns.

Today's simple realizations:

1. Calbee Snapea Crisps are my new favorite "junk" food. (Baked. Salted. Puffed pea pods. $1 on sale at my Emerald Smoothie joint.)

2. The ladies at Tenoche, my favorite Mexican spot near work, are beautiful. (Grilled fish with white rice, black beans, and sliced avocado for lunch.)

3. The diet I've been doing so far is officially the Lost Diet: all fruit and coconut. No frigging wonder I've got traveler's diahrrea. At least I don't have fellow humans out to get me...or wait, isn't that what coworkers are for? Time for savory and highly civilized additions.

4. The most civilized addition of all? Sauces! This weekend will be focused on mastering sauces I can prepare, digest, use to spice up meat and rice, and store for easy meal prep on worn-out weeknights.

Thanks to all the beautiful people who love me enough to see that my grumpiness is all about physiology.

No comments:

Post a Comment