Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thank You, Fred Meyer

Hit the jackpot yesterday at Fred Meyer. I went in for a gold Indiglo watch ( original lost on a redeye, and thankfully now replaced) and stumbled upon a goldmine of gluten free glory.

Their "Healthful Living" section offered cheap rice pasta (to keep favorite dishes like spaghetti with chicken and broccoli alive, albeit sans garlic), buckwheat flour (need a recipe for buckwheat pancakes/crepes without milk or eggs - suggestions?), rice cakes, and fresh almond butter (at a 3rd the cost I was expected from my Manhattan grocery experience). I also picked up some muffin and loaf tins for future experiments in safe baking.

Now I just need to clear out the inflamers and get some nice fresh fruits and vegetables to get my kitchen ready for the adventure.

And the real jackpot came from Goodwill:

An early 90s water resistant clock radio!

No comments:

Post a Comment