Saturday, August 29, 2009

Buying pancake mix was an excellent decision

Today I used hemp milk in place of water and sliced in fresh bananas and chopped walnuts. Rich, nourishing, delicious.

Spot on after a late-night sushi feast prepared by a friend with awareness of my diet and my first brave foray into fearless raw fish eating, sleeping in too late to hit the DMV for my Washington state driver's license (which will not only cost money but also require a test!), reading a horoscope that says though my day may be an 8 I better avoid what's outside and watch my back, and finally allowing myself to read for pleasure, in bed, after over a month of headache-induced avoidance. Banana walnut pancakes, cedar incense, Djuna Barnes, Bill Callahan on the turntable - sounds like a prescription for Seattle's first rainy Saturday in months.

No comments:

Post a Comment