Monday, August 31, 2009

The Great Yeast Famine of 2009

So my acupuncturist thinks my bile nausea, bloating, fatigue, and neck-eye spasms might mean the candida are dying off. I've been depriving them of the yeast and sugars they thrive on. Interestingly, Wikipedia chooses to belittle my dear Angie. A quote:

Candida is accorded responsibility for symptoms as specific as hay fever, as vague as "brain fog" and as common as weight gain or flatulence. These symptoms are attributed by alternative medicine practitioners to the "overgrowth" of intestinal candida albicans, which they claim leads to the spread of the yeast to other parts of the body via the bloodstream.

Well, if my candida die off and with them go the brain fogs and eye spasms and blind spots and bilial nausea, perhaps I'll muster the nerd power to counter this judgmental crowdsourcing with a voice from the alt med choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment