Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Bloodz

I'm sick. I've been sick for years, and drugs and acupuncture and yoga and meditation and all the other glorious things I've tried haven't fixed me.

So I had food allergy testing done.

In color, these pages start turning danger orange around II, and are properly red by IV. In other words, all those bars you see below? Foods that cause me inflammation; foods the doctor calls "evil," but which I choose to instead just call "inflammatory."

The plan? Eliminate the inflamers from my diet, entirely, for two months. Beginning the day after my birthday. Which means I have exactly 7 days to prepare. And this will be no wussed-out weak approach to "elimination" dieting. Fuck that. This needs to be gangster. Food needs to be delicious and exciting - if I didn't care about taste I'd take in my calories through a tube.

Read the bloodz, post your suggestions - recipes, favorite products I can still eat, supportive feedback - and of course, anti-food allergist anger is welcome. Asshole thinks he can tell me eggs are evil...



No comments:

Post a Comment