Thursday, October 8, 2009

Safe Stew

I stocked up on root vegetables at the cheap Beacon Hill produce stand today - $11 for all the root vegetables a stew could ask for, the bushiest celery stalks I've ever seen, bananas, grapefruits, and a cantaloupe. Impressive.

I haven't made a stew since cutting V8 and all tomato out of my diet, so this should be an interesting challenge. Hard to go wrong, though, with slow-cooked meat and root veggies.

The plan includes:
1 rutabaga
1 parsnip
1 beet (giant)
2 baker's potatoes
celery
carrots (yellow and orange)
white onion
1lb cubed stew meat

To season:
turmeric
lemon
cloves
bouillon
arrowroot for thickening

Feel free to give some advice. I'm planning to make this Saturday, so I'll be stewing over the possibilities until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment